Saturday, June 13, 2009

What its all about....

So you ever thought you were real right, but then realized that you were real wrong. Even more your foolish behind was sitting there thinking that you really didn't do anything that bad.  Yep, thats probably when you realize you really did f-up that bad and it was due to you losing perspective. You were too worried about zeroed in on your own perspective to worry or see someone else's. You were too occupied with making your point to stop and realize that the situation ain't all bout you and your little pride, or joy, or whatever momentary unimportant thrill you were going for at the moment. In actuality its all about the person you just pissed off, whose feelings/happiness are more important to you than all the tangible things and most of the other intangible stuff you think about.

Just so you know this isn't really about you, well maybe it is, it depends on if you are acquainted with the above situation *Andre 3000 voice*. This is abou me and my stubbornness and my continuous pursuit to treat my girl right. So what do I tell myself when yet again I have found my dunks/blazers/js or whatever other ridiculously well kept shoe of my mind in my mouth? Well it usually goes like this... "Period remember everybody does F-up at least once and remember Period, its not about the situation that made your F-up arise its about the emotions and its about keeping people's feelings in perspective. Its about growing as a person and realizing that you feel happiest when that other person is happy and even more when they are happy with you." Now you young cats out there may have not realized this yet,  but trust me its real when you see the pain in her eyes. When you see those tears rolling its like somebody just ripped a piece of your soul away. Thats when you realize the person doing the ripping was you because you just initiated a set of events that you would have been happy never observing.

I say all this to say that the most important person in my life outside of God, Moms, and Dad is my girl and she makes me better. When I mess up she calls me out, when I need help she is there to deal with me and my stubbornness, when my faith flounders she is there to provide perspective, and when I'm down she smiles. A smile erases my pain, doubt and fear....

So I was going to start this off with how I like kicks, science, good beats, fresh clothes, and uplifting books.  But I'll leave that for later and just let y'all know that she makes me better and I am truly a blessed man to have her.....
Now that the mush is out of the way I'm going in hard on my kick game opinion.

-P Period OUT!!

1 comment:

  1. Man if you could only teach the rest of these knuckleheads... beautiful stuff, man. I almost cried... no seriously, I almost did.

    ReplyDelete