Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Freestyle Battle, Beat session...or Loud Ass Ring Tone Battle....IDK you tell me

Ok, so the biggest kid I think I know is a good friend of mine and roommate.  He also is supposed to be the coauthor on this blog although he has yet to write anything yet, yeah I am calling him out.  At any rate Young Stizil aka Stevey from the Burbs(funny cause he really ain't from the burbs, not technically at least) aka Steve aka my girls 19 year old cousin and Jehiel aka ghostwriter at first tried to start a sad and I mean throughly melancholy freestyle session then decided to pull out their laptops and scower the internet for the best beats ever made after their initial almost prozac prescribing freestyle session.  Now you may be wondering, what was I doing while all this was going on.... studying, yes studying, and yes the class is serious because I would have never dreamed that I would have passed up on such a momentous opportunity of exponential time wasting excitement.  At any rate these dudes pulled out all the stops going back and forth, talking sh!t, snatchin' the audio cord from each other to try their beat on the sound system next, strange attempts at ad libbing the original words to the song that just never sound quite like you remembered well I guess in your head it does but to those listening to you, you probably just sound like a d@mn fool.  Oh and one getting salty when I started bobbin my head in the middle of my studying session demonstrating my approval of the others most recent beat selection...or ring tone...HAAA!!!! At any rate this was a very entertaining experience and hopefully I owe these 2 the A I get on my quiz in the morning.   Below I list a few of the cuts these 2 selected.  I mean I guess the real question is what you got? What can you think of that just turns your face up and say Man that beat is hard!!!

Up Jumps the Buggie, Big Pun, Fugees "Ready or Not" Like Woah, Ether, Clipse 'Grindin', I got 5 on it, Jeezy Tracks, Heart of the City, Trapstar, Dig A Hole, Death of the Autotune (thats the new shh.. and Quiet Storm I mean they were all over the place coming with straight hip-hop classics, new and old(and remember this was just a few I remembered from this at least 2hr session).   It truly was a great soundtrack for studying.  I must thank them for keeping me awake as I tried to differentiate between the dorsal posterior track and the pyramidal track of the nervous system. 

Also one funny side note is the Young Stizil played Jehiel real hard by playing Khia...."My Neck My back" and quickly reporting that the song was Jehiels number one pick... Oh and I also have attached a picture below to give a brief glimpse of this site happening on my living room floor.   

Take a moment to find your favorite beat or maybe just laugh about how entertaining this must have been to witness.

-P Period out....

2 comments:

  1. This is Yung Stizil AkA Your Mom Thinks I'm Wavy(NOT Steve From the Burbs) reporting that I did win. Flawless Victory!!!Owww Owwwww!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I would like to say that reading this post makes me feel like I'm back in the A wasting precious life moments away doing nothing with you guys, so thanks!! I'm trying to figure out how Mystikal( http://www.imeem.com/bigbidness45/music/3YBXnhPh/mystikal-here-i-goinstrumental/)didn't make the cut though...are you serious?!

    ReplyDelete