Duke lost a top basketball prospect because they couldn't spell his name right and even better the recruit decides on UNC instead. Seriously Duke you are going to hand Carolina next year's National Championship because in all your prestigious intellectualism you can't spell P.J. Hairston? All I could do was laugh and cheer when I read this. Looks like I'll be partying in the streets of Chapel Hill (specifically Franklin St.) around late March of next year. Thanks Coach K! Read more on the story here
More Laughs and Head Shakes:
So possible Republican Presidential Candidate Rick Santorum asserted the other day that John McCain the guy with the awkward looking arms from his 5 year stint as a torturized POW doesn't know anything about torture. Even better this guy Santorum is not even a veteran. I mean I don't even know what to say about this other then I think it is completely hilarious. Possibly just as funny (I know some of you may have seen this but its new to me) is the fact that Santorum has been google bombed. Just check the first link that comes up when you google Santorum? I mean they have made this man the literal personification of a P.O.S according to google and that my friends is Awesome!!! Here is the link to the official story.
Your Head Will Start to Shake Uncontrollably :
So I'm watching Jon Stewart last night and he starts talking about the soon to be former chairman of the FCC Meredith Baker. Before I get into the story I would like to point out that Mrs. Baker is another one of our lovely elected officials from the GOP! Why is J. Stew talking about her though? Well because she was an integral part in approving the merger deal between Comocast and GE who already owns CNBC, Universal, USA etc. Now Mrs. Baker as the head FCC official I thought would be against such a merger because well you know monopolies tend to be illegal in this country and Federal organizations like the FCC are suppose to regulate such things. At least that's what I thought regulations are about, but what the heck do I know.
Here is the kicker after making sure the FCC approves the merger Meredith "please say the honorable" Baker gets hired as the head of communications for the emerging media monopoly giant. Excuse the hell out of me but isn't their a conflict of intrest here. Now I said this the other day and I'm going to say it again I don't want to hear nare-anotha person hollering about the financial integrity of high profile and often black college athletes from marginalized communities taking money. Not another word. Don't say anything to me ever. I don't want to hear it. If you say something expect cussing and flailing to ensue. Do you know how much money this already ridiculously rich woman is going to be making now. How can I believe for two seconds that she wasn't paid for engendering the politics necessary to make this merger happen. The unbalanced or misplaced ethics of this country often ceases to amaze me. So the major media outlets aren't covering this one though for three reasons one the lady is rich and GOP so she's gotta be ethically virtuous. Lastly, now that she pretty much manages half the media outlets in the country who else can and wants to run this story other than comedy central? SMH. Here is the Jon Stewart clip.
| The Daily Show With Jon Stewart | Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c | |||
| Well, That Was Fast - Comcast/NBC Merger | ||||
| ||||
Last thing Dr. Cornel West dropped this nugget of "knowledge" on us today. Seems like a rather superficial argument for the good Doctor but hey what do I know... I aint got a PhD....YET! But just in case you are wondering what I think... I want Dr. West to sit all the way down or do something to organize the masses for the poor people he is always so "vehemently protecting."
So I'm Out make sure you vote, take notice of politics and be active, because before you know it somebody might come up with a way to own you... oh wait they already did that once before. Just for clarification I'm talking about the rich perverted by power and seeking to retain it through controlling other human beings. Our problems transcend race in America today, they are largely a result of a disparity between those with the least and the most. This has been the case for a long time. Unfortunately many of us get lost in campaigns that seek to separate us even more based on race, religious beliefs, sexual preferences etc. *coughs* FOX *coughs* News . We all better recognize the necessity of a common purpose and stand up for whats right.
Peace,
P
No comments:
Post a Comment