Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A fighting spirit is contagious, that is if you have any fight left in you

this is a delayed post, the events mentioned below occurred over a month ago, still crispy though

I have seen this spirit emerge more then ever from one of the JV players from the team I coach. It has been on display due to the emotion of our JV team losing the City Championship Game and him being moved up to varsity but not playing much. In short my advice to him was the following. Playing right now is not everything, wining is not everything. Hating to lose is however very more important and I could appreciate his displeasure. Hating to sit on the bench has to be a part of your disposition, but you also have channel that emotion for something useful and not destructive. I told him we can not allow our anger, sadness, unpleasant emotion insert here/Hate to consume us, but instead use that emotion facilitate the application of the effort necessary to never let the situation occur again. The words came from my mouth and I realized while attempting to teach him he had just helped me come to a useful bit of wisdom or attitude towards upsetting situations. I was inspired by this young man's emotion, and I am very happy to say by a couple of others recently.

One of these people is a young women that I am proud to consider my sister. Her name is Eboni Green and she has produced a documentary that highlights the life and music of some very talented independent artist.(Since I originally wrote this bog she also is finishing her requirements to graduate as we speak so keep her in your thoughts and prayers, and expect big things.....she's family what did you expect?) You can check out the trailer for video yourself here at the link below and you can see her true talent for composition and also recognition of talent. I hope that you will be inspired to follow your dreams as she has, being exposed to this product of effort, love, desire and will.


Please support this aspiring young African-American Dreamer by checking out the link and telling others about her work. As the title states a fighting spirit is contagious and in the world that we live in we could all use a little inspiration, a taste of something phresh and good for you, in hopes that you may be inspired to make the next great contribution.

Lastly I leave you with a treat. The last person or group of people I was speaking of goes by the name of beatconnector and though I do not know them I know talent when I hear it and these people are talented so check out the mix-tape at the link here!.

One last thing I wanted to leave everybody with was this statement in the synopsis for the movie "The Book of Eli" that I thought was pretty appropriate.

"Driven by his commitment and guided by his belief in something greater than himself, Eli does what he must to survive-and continue." As I said this was written a minute ago

P Period....out



No comments:

Post a Comment