Saturday, October 1, 2011

And We're Back!!

So first let me go ahead and say my bad for not sharing music last month. Sorry things got a bit hectic.

Oh and you know how I do before/while you get to the music please support a good cause. This month's cause is supporting DonorsChoose.org. Donor's choose is a website that connects teachers who need supplies for innovative instruction to willing sponsors. Stephen Colbert has connected with Melinda Gates to run a campaign that for every person who uploads an image(headshot) to their website the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation will make a $1 donation to Donor's Choose. The goal for the fundraiser is to obtain 100,000 head shots/ raise $100,000. Here is the link http://stephenandmelindagatesfoundation.org/

Please take the time to do this as again its free to you and it means better supplies for the kids. Now to the music

Now let me say that I'm pretty excited about these playlists. Yes, thats right plural playlists. Since I didn't share music with you last month I've got a lot of tracks in the bag. What I have done is take all the tracks I've run across between August and September into three groups: Heat, Rough, and Smooth. This rough category is pretty dark, it has few alternative tracks on it and some pretty heavy rap tracks. I wouldn't suggest this mix for Saturday afternoon, its more of a Tuesday night playslist. The smooth mix is just that a whole bunch of tracks that sound good and are easy to listen to, they are mostly rap and R&B tracks. Finally the heat. Well what can I say? Its heat, artist bringing the passion over dope beats, these tracks are my favorites. Well let me know what you think...

SN: 8tracks.com the site I use to make these playlists has an app know so you can listen to the mixes on the go :)

Period out!!!


Heat...( Featuring artist like Wale, Kanye, XV, Kendrick Lamar, Game, Pusha T, Jeezy, T.I. & J. Cole)



Smooth.... (Featuring artist like Estelle, Wiz, Sid Sriram, J. Cole, Miguel, Wale & Raheem Davaughn)



Rough... (Featuring artist like Cold Play, J*Davey, Nneka, The Weekend, Cudi, Joell Ortiz and More) sn: there is a pretty out of place David Banner song at the end of this mix... didn't know where to put it.

No comments:

Post a Comment