Saturday, July 30, 2011

July's Music and more GOOD causes

Good People,

As the month of July comes to a close I have tried my darndest to collect the best hip-hop to come out during the month. As usual don't expect many of these tracks to hit the radio, but I definitely think thye are all worth more than a listen or two. I hope you find a few new favorite songs, some lyrics to make you think, and some beats to make your head nod. This month we have music from artist like Kendrick Lamar, Bun B, Trae The Truth, Jill Scott, Kid Ink, Freeway and more. Many of you know we lost a pretty soulful artist in Amy Winehouse so in reverence I included one of her pieces on the playlist. Last thing I split the playlist into 2 this month. The first playlist is more of a shmorgishborg exhibiting the variety of hip-hop and related sounds. Where the second playlist is definitely more your straight up rap, low on the hooks heavy on the spitting.

I gotta give a big shout out to my brother Markeith for his help with this months mix. He definitely put me on to a few songs that had slipped past me.

On to the good tidings. This summer I have been working with a group called D3 community outreach ran by a brother named Malcolm Reed. Every year Malcolm and his group offers young men in the Durham area an opportunity to play basketball in a safe environment. Even more many of the most dedicated players are taken on a college tour at the end of the summer as a reward for their commitment. I have had an awesome experience working/coaching for the D3 program this summer and I just wanted share with how great this group is and direct you to the website -> http://www.d3communityoutreach.org (I'm sure D3 wouldn't mind you blessing them with a donation)

Period OUT.....



1 comment:

  1. I love what you are doing, keep up the good work! Much continued success!

    ReplyDelete