Thursday, August 27, 2009

Inspiration for Phresh

Rob Dyrdek is a skater who has built a building called the Fantasy Factory. He is seemingly not an impressively intellectual member of society however Rod does one thing very well he dreams big and follows through with action. My question to myself am I in touch with my dream? Am I following it. I was struggling with the idea in the below blog for a while....but I have found inspiration, and its has come from you people around me and thats what I have come to consider Phresh...phresh veggies

I check out Eboni's blog she talks of hard work and grindin' to obtain the success she has just check out her blog @ http://thisyearsjourney.blogspot.com/ She definitely personifies a phresh veggie. Why cause she had a dream and she is following through with it.

I heard at what Kortne's doing in DC she is following her dream I think.(by the way shout out to her for the big B-day that just passed) I am pretty sure she has a passion and whatever dream she had that is fed by that passion seems to be coming to fruition and its due to hard work. Phresh Veggies.

Thats not all I mean my boy Markeith has got his production company PEACE cranking (http://www.reaching4peace.com) and I could list more but all of these young black professionals are following their dreams and meeting success with hard work and I just find excitement in that. I love to see people grindin' and getting what they deserve.

So I was thinking.... and I been
dreaming and I figured it out at 2:30am Aug 26th while watching Rob's Fantasy Factory because this dude said you gotta believe in yourself. I mean I have heard it before but it really came together for me today because I had and emotional educational day. The source of my emotion was unphresh and it would go against the blog's tradition to point out the unphresh so I can only briefly hit at what this incongruous cacphonus issue is that some people believe in order to teach low income urban kids you have tie everything back to a rapper...(words can not express the amount of frustration I harbor in my heart for that practice to make science culturally relevant...hit me on gchat for further explanation) Anyway my girl/Fiance (hey booskee) said earlier today "Kids just need exposure to new stuff, they already know who Soulja boi is".....Yet again my Boo contributes the freshness so I gotta keep her around and keep those kindergarten rules in affect (keep your hands to yourself and don't talk to strangers...you will get eventually if you haven't got it yet)

What are you talking bout Period...Get to the Point, Period...Ok my dream is working with my friends AKA you guys reading this to develop a school that is as close to perfect a Human being could make it. I think I got the vision statements for the school and the name, so yall let me know what you think. So the school's name is Intelligent Design Community School (just allow your mind to play with the implications of that name). Statement of purpose Synthesizing Dreamdesingers

2 ultimate rules/fall under one idea.... Evident student success in pursuit of knowledge is the only priority...cut the educational B.S.

1. There have to be opportunities for creativity to be fostered

2. There have to be opportunities for exposure to unfamiliar beneficial experiences

And here is the mission so far: We live in a world were technology allows anyone with a spirit of ingenuity and access to the internet the ability to attain monetary stability. The premise of this community based school is to expose humans(yes everyone not just the kids) from lower SES urban communities to the opportunities afforded to all humans through education and providing them with not just the opportunity to obtain financial independence but the ability to Dream. Within this simple ability I believe that many depressing cycles of ignorance can be eradicated. I realize it won't be easy but I want to change the world one community at a time.

Im out ....Let me know what you think.....
P. Period

No comments:

Post a Comment