Saturday, March 10, 2012

Qtr 1 2012, Expertise and Good Causes

I know its been a while. School and work have been ominercaroelkfaous. You like that word? I thought you would *Larry Tinsley Voice* You probably only got that joke if you ever lived in Atlanta and listened to the Gospel stations. Anyway lets jump into it.

As a sign of my growing love for hip hop I recently acquired some DJ equipment. I want you all to know that I'm not excited about this, because I'm freaking ecstatic about it. I'm not very good yet, but I promise I will be one day. Let me go ahead and call dibs on my DJ name which will be DJ Science, thoughts?

One quick word before I get to the music and good causes.

Expertise. The research and study I currently engage in as apart of my doctoral work is closely related to this topic. Experts have long been of interest to those who study education, as it is believed that knowledge about those individuals could shed light on how to improve current pedagogical practices. The biggest take away I have gained from studying research in this area is that talent has not been found to be the result of some innate ability, but rather more associated with a lot of practice(like 10,000hrs), conducive environment, and more practice. What does this mean? I take it to mean e can become talented at whatever it is that we want to, we just have to be willing to take the time out and allow our passion, to fuel our talent to become our expertise.

Good Causes
Check out this group doing their best to impact the life trajectory of youth through working with youth coaches. They are really doing some dope work and I hope that you all would take a minute to check out their approach and perhaps even throw them a schilling or two.

The Music
I have once again looked high and low for a better playlist option... to no avail. I'm sure I could figure out some kind of code to do it but I just can't invest that kind of time. On a more awesome note I'm going to provide ya'll with the link to my first DJ mix. Its pretty bad though so don't judge me too hard (Alert this will likely be of comedic value only Haaaa). I really would like to measure my growth through this blog and well you have to know where you started to know how far you've come. Also, the mix uses only songs from this quarter 1 playlist so yeah, I'm trying to do a lot. I may update with a general mix thats a bit closer to what I would try to accomplish at a shindig. Check back with me to see if I'm not a liar on that one. Second possibly better mix is below the first, real short boy tho.

Finally, I'm going to put the names of the songs in the order you'll hear them in the embedded 8tracks player below just for added umph, I guess.

Oh and another thing this mix I believe has quality music, it is not free of curse words, but for most tracks, not all, I'd say a message could be found.

Aight Pperiod out.....

1st Mix


2nd Mix



Quarter 1 2012 Playlist

Qtr 1 2012 from pperiod on 8tracks.



Playlist Order
U&Me&EveryoneWeKnow - Jean Grae

City of 30,000 Wolves - Stalley feat. DJ Khaled

His Pain feat. Kendrick Lamar - B. J. the Chicago Kid

Package Store - Big K.R.I.T.

Dark Night - Cobe Obeah

Tomorrow - J. Capri

What If This Storm Ends? - Snow Patrol

Still Standing feat. Jill Scott - Pharoahe Monch

Supercool - The Bullits

Last Night (LVRS Anthem) - Thelophilus London

Visionz of Home - J. Cole

Bornstars - J. Capri

A Nigger in Northface feat. Arielle - Legit

Gone feat. Sean Hayes - 38 special

The Fight of My LIfe feat. Pusha T - Colin Munroe

Spottie - Hypnotic Brass Ensemble

Sky Club - Big K.R.I.T

GloryUS feat. Kid Cudi - Chip the Ripper

No Thrillz - Jon Connor

Generator 3rd - IsaiahThe3rd

Someone Like Me - Jon Connor

King and Queens feat. Wale and Nas - Tyga

Fly Me To the Moon - Legit

Gravity - Miguel

Live Your Life - Yuna

Traffic Light - Jared Evan

Blessed feat. Kendrick Lamar - Schoolboy Q

I'm Gone feat. Big Sean - Tyga

2 comments:

  1. ".....I thought you would."

    Sir why are you talking with your sexy voice on the gospel station. Perv for Jesus. LOL

    Good stuff bro. Going to test out your mixes tomorrow on my run.

    -e

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haaaa I knew somebody would feel me with that joke, hope you found something you liked. I'd suggest "What if the Storm Ends" by Snow Patrol for you.

    ReplyDelete