Friday, April 15, 2011

Hip Hop Homework for the Weekend

Something new I may do to keep your attention on the veggies, is providing a little quality music to review over the weekend. For the present time we have a couple of emerging artist Mr. Kendrick Lamar and Sir Jon Connor. Kendrick Lamar just dropped a new joint(click here) produced by J. Cole called 'Hiii Power' that you definitely want to check out. Then you should go back and check out his mix-tape 'Overly Dedicated' () that released last year. You will definitely hear some clear influences in Kendrick's work from some hip-hop greats. Shout out to my brother from another mother for putting me on to this guy.

Jon Connor agitated by the ridiculous number of killings in his hometown of Flint, Michigan, this year alone, released a freestyle letting out his frustration with the senselessness. He as well has a mixtape you should check for 'Jon Connor as Vinnie Chase' check the link. Not gonna say its the greatest but is does have 25 tracks so you are bound to like one right?

Oh... what the hell I'll go ahead and leave you with a quick mix of the best I found from both of these artist.

I added a quick assignment. You'll find it at the end; the good Professor Mark Anthony Neal put me on via twitter... check it out. (Bonus Work: Go back, find and listen to the original song)


MusicPlaylistView Profile


No comments:

Post a Comment